You need to choose hair cuts which add volume to the sides and stay away from those that create volume over the head making your face seem longer than it already is.
Long, side swept bangs will quickly and easily make your face look much less longer and add instant style quotient.
1. Get your hair cut to chin-length. This creates an illusion of width on your face.
2. Medium or long hair can be treated with curls or waves to add volume.
3. Layered hairstyles are a must if you intend to keep your hair in medium or long lengths. Straight long hair will make your face seem more oblong.
4. 'U' or 'V' shaped haircuts will help in giving width at the sides and hiding away all the length of the hair at the back.
5. In general, try to stay away from very short or very long hair and stay with medium and long-medium hair length.
Executive Summary By Lata Tokhi